Friday, April 16, 2021

A Winter Sleigh

 April 17, 2021

I am honored to be the guest designer for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for their Theme Challenge: Winter Sledges.


Interestingly enough I do not own a stamp set or die with a sled of any kind! Lol! Thankfully a friend of a friend and fellow Stampin' Up Demonstrator allowed me to borrow one from her.  I used Stampin' Up's Santa's Sleigh stamp set and dies which are now retired. Here is my card:


My card base is Crumb Cake and I used a piece of the new 2020-2022 Misty Moonlight InColor DSP that will be available May 4. I cut the sled in Merry Merlot and for the overlay I used Copper foil. I stamped and cut numerous gifts and bows and teddy bears and cut them out and piled them in the sled.  The sentiment is stamped in Misty Moonlight ink and cut out with a die from the retired set called Project Life. I used a few loops of linen thread behind it.

I have been preoccupied getting ready for our son's wedding next month. We are having a bridal shower for the couple in about 10 days and I have several projects I am working on for that. Here is one of them:



It is an organza bag with a tea bag and a Ghirardelli chocolate in it. I stamped the sentiment from SU!'s Merry Cafe and punched it out with a one inch circle punch and layered it onto a 1-1/4 inch scallop punch. Lots of fun! 

Happy Stamping!

Tracy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, with a lot of gifts! Thank for playing at 52cct

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Tracy! It’s beautifully done. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colour combo and gorgeous sled! Cute teddy bears. Thanks for being a great GD:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Tracy, cette carte est vraiment adorable, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those teddy bears! And what a lovely idea for the wedding!

    ReplyDelete