Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Spring Break '22

 Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Last week was Spring Break and for the first time we actually went somewhere for Spring Break! Normally the Farmer would be farming but now that he is retired our schedule is open. We spent the week in Bend, Oregon with our oldest son, Steven, and his wife, McKenzie and her family. There were 10 of us all together. It was a wonderful week! Here are a few highlights:


Dinner with the group. We took turns cooking. This was one of my nights...ham dinner!


The "kids" in the kitchen cooking! 


The Farmer, Jake and I on one of our many hikes. This was at the Sunriver Resort. We walked and walked and walked all over this place...not knowing how to get back to the "start"! LOL!  I asked a group of people (finally) for help and the "Grandma" in the group had a map! Yea! for Grandma being prepared with a map!


Benham Falls. This was my favorite hike. We continued hiking along the Deschutes River. It was beautiful! 


Tumalo Falls
This was quite a hike. Normally you could drive to the falls, walk a 1/4 of a mile to the top of the falls and then continue hiking. Not this time! The road was closed and we walked 2-1/2 miles to the falls. No problem...well, this is what covered some of the road:


Yep, snow that was basically ice! We found a way through by walking in the forest where there was no snow or ice. 


The last night we had a wonderful campfire in the backyard where we were staying! It was a beautiful evening. We roasted marshmellows and made s'mores and had a delightful time singing some fun campfire songs! 

Be back soon with some stamping projects! 
Until then...
Happy Stamping!
Tracy



1 comment:

  1. What a fun adventure! I am glad you got "unlost" thanks to the Grandma with a map. My hubby tells me one of the reasons he married me was because I could read a map! I hope that wasn't the MAIN reason! Anyway, looks like you had a fabulous Spring Break!

    ReplyDelete