Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Relax.Read.Repeat

 Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Today's card is for several challenges! My crafting time is limited this summer so I was glad I could combine a few challenges with one card!



Newton's Nook Designs has a color challenge:

I used Newton's Book Club stamps and dies from NND.

Seize the Birthday #266 is be inspired by a book.


I absolutely loved this challenge idea! I was inspired by the book At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon.  I love the whole series! Father Tim's lovely neighbor, Cynthia Coppersmith, is a writer of children's books. The main character of her books is her cat, Violet! Violet is not always as docile as this kitty on my card though! The book will have you laughing, crying and gleaning little gems of wisdom throughout. 

And just so you know this is a birthday card. Here's the inside:


The sentiment is from NND's Birthday Oval and the kitty is another one from Newton's Book Club.

The last challenge I am entering this card in is the Paper Players:



I covered the diagonal:  blue, diecuts and embossing.

Today the Farmer and I packed a lunch, our chairs and a book and went out to the beach at Neskowin, Oregon.


That's Proposal Rock and the ocean and the sky just blend into one another!  It was an absolutely beautiful day! 

Happy Stamping!
Tracy


9 comments:

  1. Relax, read, repeat. That is my summer mantra. Tracy, your card is lovely. The colors and coloring look great. So glad you could take part in this week's Paper Players challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured those watermelon colors perfectly! This is an adorable card. It reminds me of my granddaughter who loves her books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! So super sweet and cute! Adorable inside and out! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little card, and it matches that Newton's Nook challenge perfectly! I believe I have read some of those At Home books....I love books like that! My memory is like a sieve, so I could read them again and enjoy them all over! The beachy scene is amazing! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card and your coloring is fabulous. Love the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card and fabulous colored. I loved that you carried the cat through to the inside, too! So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, Tracy! Love that you continued the design inside the card! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! What a fabulous way to enjoy an afternoon--reading and napping! So glad you were inspired to join us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love the use of the colors, and the little Newton peeking out on the inside of the card! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete