Monday, June 6, 2022

A Bright Birthday

 Monday, June 6, 2022

Happy Monday, my friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was quiet which was just fine with me. I needed some time to rest and regroup. 

Of course I spent some time in Studio 1.15! I had an order for some sympathy cards. I took one of the sketches I was using and switched out the colors and made a bright birthday card!


It's brighter in person! The Daffodil Delight card base makes it pop! I hadn't used Daffodil Delight for awhile! Do you do that? Have streaks of using certain colors and neglecting others?! I do!

Card Details:

  • A2 Card base in Daffodil Delight
  • 4" x 5-1/4" Basic White embossed with Ornate Floral EF (retired). Wrap a piece of white ribbon ( I used what was in my stash) around and adhere to card base.
  • 3-3/8 x 4-3/4" Pool Party cut using the Scallop Contour dies
  • 2-3/4" x 4-1/2" Basic White cut using the Stitched Rectangles dies; stamp sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I used Peaceful Moments. Adhere to Pool Party.
  • Stamp large and small flowers from Pretty Perennials (retired).Cut using the Perennial Petals dies. Cut a flower outline in Daffodil Delight. Cut a center from Basic Black. Adhere as shown. Stamp center of small flower in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Add a dimensional to the back of each flower.
  • Cut leaves using the Perennial Petals dies from Pear Pizazz. Snip apart and adhere to card base.
  • Adhere flowers. Adhere Pool Party piece to card base with dimensionals. Add a yellow gem from the Glossy Dots Assortment to the center of the large flower.
I hope this card inspires you to create something bright and pretty!
Happy Stamping!
Tracy

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Simple yet beautifully done! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Light blue and yellow are a couple of my fave colors and love how you combined them in this card - esp the edging!

    ReplyDelete