Friday, January 6, 2023

A Pretty Prints Birthday

 Fri-yay! January 6, 2023

Happy New Year! 

I thought I'd start the year off with a card for the AAA Birthday Challenge: Game #45 - Anything Goes!

Here's my card:


I let SU!'s Pretty Prints DSP to the majority of the work. Don't we all have oodles of DSP (Designer Series Paper/pretty paper) in our stash?! I know I do! Here's the card recipe:

  • A2 card base in Petal Pink
  • Pretty Prints DSP cut with largest rectangle die; wrapped with ribbon (retired) and adhered to card base
  • Petal Pink CS cut with 4th from the largest rectangle die
  • Basic Black CS cut with 5th from the largest die; adhere to Petal Pink piece
  • Pretty Prints DSP cut with 6th from the largest die; adhere to Basic Black
  • Cut two "fern" pieces from Mother of Pearl Specialty Paper (retired) using the dies from Natural Prints; adhere to DSP 
  • Cut the "flower sprig" from Calypso Coral CS uing the  die from Honeybee Home; adhere to DSP
  • Use the smallest banner die from the Stylish Shapes die; stamp sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used a stamp from Itty Bitty-licious from My Pink Stamper (retired).  I added a couple loops of silver thread to the back. Add a dimensional and adhere over stems.
  • Add three pearls to finish the card
For the inside I used a sentiment from Happiness Abounds. I stamped the flower from Honeybee Home in Calypso Coral second generation. 



I added another piece of the Pretty Prints DSP to the flap of the envelope.


I made several of these cards using the different colors of paper in the package. 

Happy Stamping!
Tracy

5 comments:

  1. Tracy I love how you've used that pretty DSP, it really pops with those black borders. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! Love the colours and how the black makes it pop. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge with this wonderful card! Love how you combined the soft peach/pink colours and then black matting layer!
    And have to admit that I have way too many sheets of DP therefore thanks a ton for your inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete