Thursday, October 28, 2021

Throwback Thursday

Thursday, October 28, 2021

I really need to have a 'Throwback Thursday' each week and use some of my "retired stamps".  Retired stamps just means they are no longer for sale in the current Stampin' Up! catalog. I don't like to call them retired. They are a part of my collection! They are classic and keepers!

Today's project is a card I made with three challenges in mind.


I used the sketch from this week's Paper Players challenge #564:





The Retro Rubber Challenge #170 is the theme Fallin' for Autumn:

:


And the Global Design Project #315 is a theme challenge of Hey, Pumpkin:


Card Details: 

  • Very Vanilla card base 4-1/4" x 11" score at 5-1/2"
  • Farmer's Market DSP (retired) 4" x 5-1/4"; woodgrain pieces cut with Stitched Rectangle dies adhere them to the gingham DSP; wrap a piece of ribbon around this. I used some retired ribbon that I can't remember the name of. Adhere to card base.
  • Stamp image from the Stampin' Up! At Home with You stamp set (retired 2019); color using Stampin' Up! Blends in Light and Dark Pumpkin Pie, Light and Dark Pale Papaya; Light and Dark Crumb Cake; Light Blackberry Bliss; Light Old Olive and Dark So Saffron. Cut out using a stitched circle die and layer onto a scallop circle cut from the DSP.  Add a few loops of Very Vanilla baker's twine to the back. Adhere to card base with dimensionals.
  • Stamp sentiment in Blackberry Bliss. Use a banner die to cut it out and layer onto another banner die cut from the DSP. Adhere to card with mini dimensionals.
I hope you enjoyed this project and will try out one of the challenges this week!

Happy Stamping!
Tracy

5 comments:

  1. I am THRILLED that you pulled out your older stamps for my sketch! The gingham paper always makes me happy, and that sweet little sentiment and lace just adds to the country feel! So happy you played with my sketch this week at the Players as well as our Retro Rubber challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gingham paper and all those fall colored elements. reminds me of a late all table set for a picnic. Fabulous use of the sketch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Tracy! I was very happy to be the recipient as well…. I am blessed to call you friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little stamped scene, perfect with the gingham paper. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Live the layout of your card. Love all the dimension and layers on your card. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete