Wednesday, July 28, 2021
There's a story behind today's card.
And I'm entering it in the Retro Rubber Challenge #163. I am doing the middle row: Embossing, Green, Wood.
I've been doing doggie daycare for Bubba. Isn't he a cutie?!
Well, last week when I took the Farmer to the doctor and then to ER and then the whole appendectomy thing happened...Bubba was chewing through his rope that held him. When we got to ER I knew I needed someone to check on the dogs. I was trying to contact a friend but I wasn't able to make a connection with her. Then about the time I was going to contact someone else I got a phone call saying Bubba had been loose! I was so upset. I felt horrible. I believe in angels. There was one driving by on our road when Bubba was loose. She picked him up. She ended up keeping Bubba for the rest of the day. Bubba's owner said there could not have been a better person/place for him that day. Makes me cry just thinking about it again. Apparently Bubba is a bit of an escape artist. He has had other "events" shall we say. He is seven years old and is still keeping his owner on his toes! I am keeping close tabs on Bubba! So, this card is going to Bubba's guardian angel as a thank you!
- Basic White A2 card base
- 4" x 5-1/4" In Good Taste DSP; glue to card base
- Garden Green cut using Stitched Rectangle die; embossed with a Darice paw print EF
- Basic White cut using Stitched Retangle die
- Stampin' Up Happy Tails Stamp set (retired 2020) and dog punch
- Stamp dog and sentiment using Memento Black Ink; I used the Light Basic Black Stampin' Blend to color a bit more of the dog to resemble Bubba
- Punch a Poppy Parade heart using the Dog Punch
- I used some retired striped Garden Green baker's twine and adhere the rectangles using dimensionals.