Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Sweet Symmetry

 Tuesday, July 13, 2021    

Seriously, how many things in life are symmetrical?! Not too many in my life! In nature?! Very rare. In mathmatics and in art I believe you can find symmetry. Today's card features the Sweet Symmetry Suite. The suite includes a photopolymer stamp set, the Symmetrical Stems Border Punch, the Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper, and the Flirty Flamingo Gold Metallic Ribbon.


I really like this suite! I am having so much fun with the color combination in the DSP: Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Just Jade. Bumblebee and Night of Navy. Maybe it is the symmetry, the balance in the DSP designs that makes me feel happy! 

Studio 1.15 Designs tutorial:

  • Card base: Just Jade 4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2"
  • DSP 4" x 5-1/4" wrap the ribbon around DSP before adhering to card base
  • Basic White 2-1/2" x 3" Stamp flower in Flirty Flamingo; Stamp stem and leaves in Just Jade; stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy; adhere to Bumblebee cardstock
  • Bumblebee 2-3/4" x 3-1/4"
  • Use dimensionals to adhere to card base
  • Punch stems in Night of Navy and Flirty Flamingo; adhere to card
An easy and fun card to make!

I made another one just a bit different:



I just flipped the DSP to the other side on this card and used a strip through the center. The flower is stamped in Calypso Coral; the stems and leaves in Just Jade. I used the Layering Circles dies. To finish the card I added three Brushed Metallic dots in gold. 

I hope you enjoyed these projects and have fun with the Sweet Symmetry suite yourself!

Happy Stamping!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment