Wednesday, July 7, 2021

The Free and the Brave

Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Five years ago on this day my dear friend, Krista, died. She fought bravely against ovarian cancer. I miss her.

 She is the one who introduced me to Stampin' Up! years ago. I was NOT a card maker. DID NOT want to make cards. I was a scrapbooker and did not have time for card making. No problem with Krista. She taught me how to use fun alphabet stamp sets in my scrapbooking. She taught me how to make my own background paper, how to use cute stamps on pages, etc....And slowly eased me into card making! She taught me many things related to our love of paper crafting but because of her and her illness I learned to show up. I learned to show up and not be afraid of the sick and dying.  I learned that God is in the driver's seat and I had better move over and let Him do the driving...which meant I had to trust Him with all things even with the death of Krista. I was recently reminded that "The best is yet to come!" I will see Krista again in Heaven and it will be the best! 

Today's card is in memory of Krista. I am using a stamp set from her collection that was gifted to me. The stamp set is called The Free and the Brave. It is since retired but I thought the name was appropriate for Krista and she, too, loved red, white and blue and all things Americana!


I am entering this card in this week's Paper Players challenge:


And the Retro Rubber challenge:


Happy Stamping!

Tracy


6 comments:

  1. Such a uplifting story behind the card. Love how it fits into the sketch with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog. So glad you shared your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy your card is wonderfully patriotic and the sentiment so fitting but most of all I love that you shared your story about your dear friend Krista with us. May she live forever in your heart! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, what a beautiful card to honor your friend Krista. How wonderful that you used one of her stamp sets, too. I'm sure you have some wonderful memories creating together, even if you never wanted to make those cards in the first place. Thank you so much for sharing your card but more importantly for sharing your beautiful story with us over at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to honor your dear friend, this card is amazing.
    The image is timeless and the sentiment, beautiful and meaningful.
    Thank you for sharing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw....I love hearing about your walk of faith and your friend Krista! You are such a good friend to share what you learned about God's love with others!! What a wonderful card, too! We are so happy you played with us at Retro Rubber this week!♥

    ReplyDelete