Thursday, May 14, 2020

Spring Flowers

Thursday, May 14, 2020

Today's card is a color challenge from the Paper Players.



And here is my card:



I used Melon Mambo for the card base, the flower and sentiment. The stem and leaves were stamped with Granny Apple Green and I used Pool Party for the flower center and colored the butterfly with the dark Pool Party Blend marker.




I can never just make one card! This one I changed up a bit and added the black and white gingham layer. I had to bling up the butterfly with a few pearls!


I also am entering the Retro Rubber challenge:

RRCB 134

I used SU!'s Watercolor Garden from 2000! I love this stamp set! I came by this set from a dear friend, Krista, who passed away from ovarian cancer in 2016.  Krista was a Stampin' Up demonstrator and is really the one responsible for my love of all things SU!  Last summer I helped her family clean out some of her studio. I am now trying to sell and pass on a whole lot of her stamp sets. It is always bittersweet when I use one of her stamp sets. I sure do miss her!

Blessings,
Tracy

6 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the simplicity and the colors you used on your card. Thank you for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the black and white gingham background and the pretty butterfly and flower! Such a great sentiment, too! So happy you joined my color challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card Tracy - a perfect balance of our colours and I love the gingham border too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this set from long ago...how sweet that it belonged to your friend and you've used it in such a lovely way! I like the stepped-up version too...very classy with the pearls! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete