Thursday, May 28, 2020

Smile!



Thursday, May 28, 2020

Today's card is inspired by the Paper Players sketch:




and the Retro Rubber Challenge.  I chose the die cut/birthday/bright colors row.

RRCB 135

Here is my card:


My card base is Lovely Lipstick. I die cut the Coastal Cabana DSP and the layer of white from the Stitched Rectangles dies. The tag I stamped my sentiment on is die cut from the Stitched so Sweetly dies. My only stamping, "Smile!" is from one of my favorite retired stamp sets, "Picnic Parade".  A hostess set  Stampin' Up! had in 2010. 

And because I can never make one card...here is another one:


Just slightly different turned to portrait.

My nieces and I planted a few things in my mom's garden. Dad was the gardener so this year is a bit different. Mom is going to try a few things and we will help her with it.


It was a beautiful day!
Blessings,
Tracy

8 comments:

  1. Tracy, I LOVE your bright cheerful card! I am amazed that you still have some of those papers....I so remember then, some of my favorites! I like the layout too! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Players and using my sketch this week, and using our Tic Tac Toe grid too!!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne! LOL on the papers! Are they that old?! For some reason I had quite a bit of it in Coastal Cabana.

      Delete
  2. Those colors are definitely bright and cheerful, and look wonderful paired together! A card that will definitely bring a smile! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE these cards, Tracy! I love the mix of patterns, unified by the Coastal Cabana color. Thank you for sharing at The Paper Players! (I mistakenly thanked you for sharing with The Paper Players on your sailboat card, but you know what...I thought it looked like it was using LeAnne's sketch, too! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ann! Ha! my sailboats may have worked for the sketch too! I hadn't planned it that way!

      Delete
  4. Such pretty cards! The way you've let the pretty papers speak for themselves and enhanced then with a contrasting colour is really appealing. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Jan! Love giving my retro stamps some ink!

    ReplyDelete