Thursday, January 11, 2024

Trust in the Lord

 Thursday, January 11, 2024

Happy New Year to everyone!

Today's card is for the Freshly Made Sketches #618 challenge. 


And here is the sketch:


My crafting mantra for this year is USE WHAT I HAVE. I have plenty of everything and some stamps that haven't seen a lot of love. 

My card base is Pink Pirouette. Yep, I still have some of that lovely cardstock. The red is Sweet Sorbet which I cut with the Deckled Rectangle dies and used the Stitched with Whimsy die. The stamp set is Courage and Faith...all Stampin' Up products. I stamped the sentiment on vellum using StazOn and then layered it on Basic White. The two glitter hearts cover the mini glue dots I used to adhere the vellum and then I popped the whole thing on dimensionals. 

I watched this litte cutie on Monday:


My granddaughter, Autumn. She and her momma have been sick and guess who they shared it with! Yep, me! Gigi! I got up this morning feeling pretty punk and then found out I had a fever. It was only 99.7 but I felt so bad! Seems to be staying down with some meds. My head feels like it might pop. I have had so many sicknesses this winter. I just can't say no to my grandbabies. 

Snow is in the forecast. Time will tell. Snow here always shuts everything down.  Hopefully we won't get the freezing rain or icy conditions. So, I think for the next few days it will be nap, craft, drink tea and repeat.

Happy Stamping!
Tracy 











4 comments:

  1. Hello, Tracy! I was so happy to see you had visited that I had to return the favor! I love how you've added those paper strips as Cecile intended! Your card would be great in the Word Power challenge! It's a new one to the fabulous Double Ds and they would love to have newcomers! I'll send you their link: https://wordpowerchallenge.blogspot.com/
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, hope you feel better soon! Looking at Autumn makes me happy! As does your card, great way to interpret that sketch (which I found intimidating!)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patterns and sparkly hearts with that Bible verse! I hope you all feel better soon. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card with a lovely color scheme! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete