Monday, July 18, 2022

All Together

 Monday, July 18, 2022

Happy Monday, my friends! Today's card features the All Together 6" x 6" DSP.


I'm entering it in the Freshly Made Sketches #544 challenge:


And the Seize the Birthday #242 where they are looking for metallic:



Card Details:
  • A2 card base in Thick Basic White
  • 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" All Together DSP (retired) that I've colored with the Natural Tones Blends; adhere to card base.
  • 1-3/4" x 4-1/4" Real Red embossed with Hearts EF (retired); adhere to card base.
  • I cut the rectangles from the DSP using the Stitched Rectangle dies; adhere together. Adhere one to the card base using adhesive and the other with dimensionals.
  • Using the Heart Punch Pack punch the scallop heart from Galvanized Metallic Paper; punch a heart from Basic White. I stamped the swish with metallic copper ink and embossed the sentiment from Ready to Pop (retired) with copper embossing powder. 
  • Adhere hearts together. Add a few loops of Sweet Sorbet Metallic Ribbon to the back. Adhere to card base with dimensionals.
  • Add three Brushed Metallic Dots
Today would be the 59th birthday of a very special friend who died tragically in a car accident when he (and I) was 20 years old. A lifetime ago but it still makes my eyes water, if ya know what I mean.  The card I made has some deeper meaning:  the hearts representing love; the red color represents Christ blood shed for us;  the black color with the hearts represents grief but I do not grieve in vain; and I think the hands for me represent the passage of time yet were still connected and we will see each other again.  Stamping is sometimes the best therapy! 

Happy Stamping!
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your coloring! And thanks for sharing what all the colors mean. And yes, if we are in Christ's family, we WILL see each other again! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fantastic card, Tracy. Both, since it it means so much to you, and in all the meaning it holds. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete