Monday, July 25, 2022

Celebrate Summer!

 Monday, July 25, 2022

Happy Monday! We are in for a hot week here the the Pacific Northwest! Today's card was inspired by summer memories...of wearing flip flops. In my childhood they were not called flip flops though! Does anyone know what we called them???


The sketch was the inspiration of this week's Freshly Made Sketches 545:


Card Details:

  • A2 card base in Melon Mambo
  • Stampin' Up!'s Hues of Happiness DSP cut with the Stitched Rectangles dies
  • Flip Flop stamp from Lawn Fawn's Simply Celebrate Summer and coordinating dies. I colored them with the SU! Blends and adhered them with dimensionals.
  • Sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Simply Summer Sentiments
  • I added three rhinestone gems in a navy blue color
So, when I was a child flip flops were called "thongs". Yep. And we wore them all the time! We camped a lot and that is what my sister, brother, cousins and I wore the entire time we were at the lake. So many good, good memories of our camping trips! 

I hope all of you are making some great summer memories today!

Happy Stamping! 
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I knew what you called flip flops! We had a youth pastor that called them thongs and the kids just lost it when he did! Super cute, fun card....love those whatever-you-call-thems!

    ReplyDelete